An entrepreneurship learning center for creative rebels.
Hello artists, crafters, makers, and DIYers! Here at Creative Liberation Lab, we believe in the power of micro-enterprise as an avenue for social and economic empowerment. Our unique and innovative program empowers the creative types to grow their own sparks into their greatness by:
- discovering and reclaiming their own sparks, the life's vocation, mission, and purpose that propel a human being.
- redefining and reimagining their lives by examining and rewriting the stories they tell about themselves.
- assessing their own strengths, inner resources, and weaknesses.
- creating a simple, straight-forward, yet viable business plan.
- learning how to finance their new business with $25 to $250 in start-up expenses, even if they have little to no money and have no access to credit or banking.
- developing unique branding message and products that express who they are and plays on their own strengths.
- gaining confidence, dignity, and pride in themselves.
The Lab learning programs include:
- Small-group based entry-level workshops.
- Peer-based supportive community.
- Continuing mentorship and support.
- Opportunities for networking and collective promotions.
Creative Liberation Lab is ideal for independent artists, crafters, makers, and DIYers who would like to generate sustainable income from their creative talents. Additionally, our programs can benefit:
- Single parents who cannot afford childcare costs and full-time jobs.
- Those who cannot thrive or function in a corporate workplace environment because of disabilities, mental health, or any other reasons.
- Those who are often left out of the economic and job opportunities because of systemic social disadvantage such as past criminal histories, history of homelessness, ethnic background, limited formal education, gender, age, and/or sexual orientation.
- Those who are on fixed income and are interested in ways to supplement income (SSI recipients can engage in business and not lose benefits as long as their monthly gross earning remains under a certain limit).
- Those who are considering an exit from the corporate world.
Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017
Update regarding the fall term of Creative Liberation Lab learning program:
We are having some technical issues with delivering the course materials in such a way that we can have multiple pricing options. The LMS that we use only allows one price option per course offered, and the other option is to make duplicate courses. We hope to smooth out this kink as soon as possible, in addition to putting a final touch on the class materials. This, unfortunately, is making it no longer possible to offer the fall term class this year.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for sticking together with us!
Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017
Micro-Revolution Academy is now Creative Liberation Lab! We will focus on hands-on, guided DIY learning for artists, makers, crafters and DIYers who are interested in turning their creative sparks into a sustainable income stream.
Creative Liberation Lab, a service of Limeadestand Works, is pleased to announce the new and improved 2017-2018 season of its microenterprise educational program. The new program will be a fully-online, 7-week course that covers fundamentals of starting and growing a micro business with a small start-up cost ($25-$250) and is geared toward those who may not have an access to credit or financing.
The Class Schedule
- Winter term: Monday, Jan. 8-Feb. 19, 2018
- Early spring term: Monday, March 5-April 16, 2018
- Late spring term: Monday, April 30-June 11, 2018
- Students will gain an important insight and understanding of their own “sparks,” vocations, personal strengths, and talents, and gain an appreciation for their own existing personal power and dignity.
- Students will learn fundamental concepts about entrepreneurship, branding, public relations, marketing, advertising, money management, product development, and customer relations.
- Students will be able to turn their aspirations into a functional business enterprise, with a tangible plan to execute.
"Creative Liberation Lab," or "The School of Creative Liberation Laboratory" (hereafter "CLL"), refers to a series of proprietary informational and educational materials produced by Sarah-Andrea A. Morrigan dba Limeadestand Works, and associated private, informal small-group support programs that are aimed towards discovering self-empowering lifestyle options for its participants.
CLL does NOT:
- confer any degree or certificate.
- offer any academic credit or transcript.
- teach industry-specific career skills or trade.
Participation in this program does NOT:
- guarantee or imply any promise of financial compensation or employment opportunities.
It is neither a "school" nor a "career school" under the definition of the relevant statutes, but is rather a self-directed, facilitated learning platform supported by peer-oriented small groups.
"Creative Liberation Lab," "Creative Liberation Media (formerly Micro-Revolution Media)," and "The School of Creative Liberation Laboratory," are servicemarks of S.A. Morrigan dba Limeadestand Works in Oregon. This program is offered in no small part as its author's expressions of political and religious beliefs, and as such, is a constitutionally protected speech and expression according to the case laws of Oregon.
Every person who participates in this program must explicitly attest to understanding this and take full responsibility for whatever they may or may not do with what they learn in this program.
Photo credit: Pixabay/rmac8oppo. Creative Commons cc0 (public domain).