What story about you are you telling yourself and others?
Personal Narratives Makeover!
Do you feel...
- like you are powerless and worthless, good for nothing?
- like everyone else is having a good life but you feel like a loser?
- a profound lack of direction and motivation, and nothing seems to help?
- a deep inferiority complex and frequent identity crisis?
- overwhelmed by unsurmountable sense of hopelessness, inadequacy, and poor self image?
- a need for a radical reboot, a total reinvention of a new you?
From my experience working with people, I learned that many individuals suffer from self-defeating and self-sabotaging thought habits. When I developed my Micro-Revolution Academy program, I decided to begin the class by asking my students, "What's your spark?"
But before finding one's own spark, or a sense of deep-seated life vocation, one must know who they are--and become mindfully aware of the story they tell themselves about themselves--habitual words and narratives that define their own identities and the way they perceive who they are.
The predominant culture reinforces a systemic, oppressive social norm that tell us to conform to unrealistic expectations and standards or feel like we are worthless failures. Too often, our parents, teachers, society, religion, and mass media feed to this damaging phenomenon. Black feminist thinker Audre Lorde called this "the mythical norm."
In response to this realization, I have created a new program called Personal Narratives Makeover.
Just like branding for a business is powerful in shaping its success, critically examining and reformulating our own personal stories of our lives can transform our perceptions of life, our behaviors, and how we interact with the world around us--and give you a new sense of vision and mission for life, unleashing your inner genius and personal power that were always there but were suppressed by the negative self-talk.
Personal Narratives Makeover is one-on-one, continuing coaching on how you can revolutionize your mind and your life by critically examining the ways how you speak of yourself. This program combines best practices from personal branding and image consulting together with spiritual direction and pastoral counseling (note: while I'm a licensed ecofeminist neo-pagan minister, this is a non-sectarian, non-proselytizing service open to everyone of any or no religious affiliation).
Schedule a session
First session usually runs for two and a half hours (150 minutes) and subsequent sessions run for 60 minutes each. Sessions are in-person, although we may be able to offer subsequent sessions and follow-ups online.
The first session costs $250 and follow-up sessions are $75 each.
To schedule a session, contact me so we can discuss time availability.
Personal Narratives Makeover is not a clinical counseling or psychological service and should not be construed as a substitute for appropriate mental health services.
If you require an urgent mental health service:
- Unity Center for Behavioral Health, 1225 NE 2nd Ave., Portland, Oregon 97232; phone: (503) 944-8000
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline; phone: (503) 655-8585
- Columbia County Public Health Foundation
- Multnomah County Mental Health Crisis Intervention; phone: (503) 988-4888 or 1-800-716-9769
- Washington County Crisis Service/Línea de crisis de salud mental phone: (503) 291-9111 tambien en castellano
- Mental Health Association of Oregon statewide resources page
- LGBTQ crisis lines
- U.S. Veterans Crisis Line, phone: 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
- Other services: call 2-1-1.