Podcast temporarily suspended
Dec. 3, 2017: Hi, Willow here. I have decided to suspend this podcast and restart it under a new name and format in the near future.
- Producing a 30-minute-ish podcast took me a full week of conception, research, and writing, plus 5 to 6 hours of recording and post-recording production. I cannot simply continue this as the podcast is only a small part of Limeadestand Works/Creative Liberation Lab's products -- and a free one at that.
- I have a very hard time keep talking for more than 10 minutes at a time, due to a minor speech impediment. In the end, the recorded raw audio files had to be heavily edited and the end product sounded horrible.
- The contents of my first and second podcast episodes sounded like one-sided criticism of others in the industry mixed in with random incoherent rants. They did not provide value to my listeners.
- It was mostly me reading off a pre-written script, which wasn't really a great podcast best practice.
This is what a new podcast will look like:
- Each episode will be short but releases will be more frequent.
- I will try to make it more conversational, with more extratemporaneous elements.
- Each episode will be bite-sized yet practical and educational.
- A new name.
Woo Fighter's Anti-Marketing School Podcasts
Hello. I fight the Woo.
Perhaps like you, I am utterly disgusted with what passes today for entrepreneurship and marketing. There are too many self-styled gurus, coaches, healers, psychics, and "lifestyle business" (yuck) experts who are peddling their lotions and potions with unethical claims, while gaslighting those who are in a vulnerable place to extract profits.
In my new podcasts, Woo Fighter's Anti-Marketing School, I (try to) bring back sanity, reason, ethics, conscience, and justice back to the world full of woo-woo nonsense.
More than just your typical business podcast, this podcast series explores the nexus of brands, marketing, public relations, design, social activism, theology, anti-oppressive work, and queer intersectional feminism. If you are an aspiring entrepreneur looking for a conscious and ethical way to promote yourself, or if you're just an observer of the world that's gone nuts, this is an oasis of fresh water in the desert.
Occasionally, I will be hosting live call-in episodes, as well.
- Listen and subscribe to WFAMS on Podomatic
- Listen and subscribe to WFAMS on YouTube -- If you don't see anything here, try typing "Woo Fighter's Anti-Marketing School" into the YouTube search box.