Floy Preslar Gallery at Estancia Serenova
Columbia County, Oregon, is often overlooked as a "flyover" county between the Greater Portland metropolitan area and the Oregon Coast. As Limeadestand Works' commitment to promoting the social, cultural, professional, and economic developments of the works of artists, crafters, and makers, we are pleased to announce the creation of the Floy Preslar Gallery inside the Alice Tarbell Hall at Estancia Serenova in Yankton, Oregon.
Our little gallery is named after the late Floy Preslar, the mother-in-law of Estancia Serenova's founder Lisa Marie Neef. Floy was an acclaimed watercolor painter in the splendid Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California and was an active member of the Lake Wildwood Art Club. The gallery synergistically complements the visions of both Limeadestand Works and Estancia Serenova.
The missions of the Floy Preslar Gallery are:
- to contribute to a development of vibrant local art scenes and artist community in southern Columbia County, Oregon, and the greater Lower Columbia/Northwestern Oregon region.
- to act as a hub of creative fine arts in Columbia County, in partnership with Estancia Serenova, by producing and offering a variety of arts events.
- to create economic opportunities and exposures for local emerging artists by exhibiting and highlighting their works, promoting their art for sale, and to provide educational and professional development programming to promote a fusion of creative activities and entrepreneurship.
- to preserve the legacy of Floy Preslar as the custodian of her paintings, which comprise the gallery's permanent collection.
While the gallery is in its infancy at the moment, we intend to have following events on a regular basis, in addition to any special or one-time event:
- First Saturday art gallery reception and artist talk (may be rescheduled or pre-empted by other events at Estancia Serenova).
- An annual fine art fair in spring.
- An annual artisan craft show and sale in autumn (with a portion of sales to benefit local non-profit organizations).
- Annual juried student show featuring the art of local school districts (Saint Helens School District and Scappoose School District) as well as Portland Community College students residing in the said school districts.