As the second anniversary of Limeadestand Works' official founding approaches, we're reorganizing and tightening up our business structure and brands. Now all of our programs and products fall under one of three branches: CL Lab (entrepreneurship education), CL Media (media production, brand communications, and public relations), and CL Arts (emerging artists programs, including the Preslar Gallery).
This is Limeadestand Works.
As a comprehensive brand communications and public relations firm primarily serving the artists and makers community founded in Portland, Oregon in 2016, we amplify the voices of independent micro-entrepreneurs by building an effective branding strategy from its inception to growth and beyond through our Creative Liberation Media (CL Media) services. We are first and foremost a social enterprise dedicated to a betterment of our communities and liberation of the marginalized people through an entrepreneurial approach.
The Creative Liberation Lab (CL Lab) and Creative Liberation Arts (CL Arts), complement our social missions by training and empowering the economically- and socially-disadvantaged artists/crafters/makers to reclaim their social and economic liberties.
These are our brands.
- Creative Liberation Media: Focused on one-on-one consulting and services for solopreneurs and microenterpreneurs in the areas of brand development, brand communication, and public relations to help tell their stories better. In addition, CL Media is the imprint of Limeadestand Works that produces digital and print media contents, including training materials, informative blogs, and podcasts.
- Creative Liberation Lab: The educational wing of Limeadestand Works, CLL offers short, easy-to-understand, low-cost, and practical training programs for aspiring and growing artists-as-entrepreneurs and others. This is a training program for aspiring entrepreneurs who may not have access to conventional banking or credit, and lack other resources. In this program we help students to tap into their own inner resources, social capital, and creative problem-solving to launch a micro-enterprise that can grow with them.
- Creative Liberation Arts: CL Arts is dedicated to discovering, showcasing, and promoting emerging artists of the Pacific Northwest and provide them with professional development opportunities to foster an entrepreneurial approach to arts and creativity, and in turn, fostering a development of arts and artist community in northwestern Oregon.
At a quick glance
|What does Limeadestand Works do?||Limeadestand Works is a brand communication and public relations service. We help independent business owners establish and grow their own brands. This includes the development of a brand (including business names, brand names, visuals such as logo and promotional materials), as well as ongoing brand engagement with the audience/customers (including newsletters, events, press releases, social media management, advertising, and other publicity and promotions).|
|Is Limeadestand Works for me?||Limeadestand Works' primary customer base is the community of artists, makers, crafters, and DIYers. Anyone who is interested in turning their creative sparks into a sustainable income stream will benefit from what Limeadestand Works has to offer.|
|How much does your service cost me?||The standard hourly rate is $90 for all services with 2 billable hours minimum. While this may seem a lot for some people, to us "a billable hour" represents our minimum time commitment to your project. It is not uncommon that we offer extra work for no additional charge whenever possible, subject to time availability and any other projects ongoing (this should be considered a "bonus" and should not be expected for granted).|
|What if I can't afford $180? Do you do a sliding-scale?||We do not do sliding-scale or pro bono work. However, if money is your concern, we encourage you to join us at Creative Liberation Lab, where you will be able to follow a substantially similar process on your own under our guidance and peer-based online support. We can offer this program at a much lower price (as low as $35 for a 7-week course for the "limited basic" learning plan) because we can service many people this way simultaneously.|
For a world that works for everyone: Our statement on social enterprise.
Limeadestand Works is a social enterprise rooted in a certain set of religious and ethical values informed by religious feminism, ecofeminism, and New Thought traditions. We do not however use "values" and "beliefs" as a weapon to exclude "the others," but rather, as a driver for liberation and social justice.
Voice, power, and sparks for those on the margins of society
Branding is inherently about framing of narratives. As a branding professional whose backgrounds are both in words (journalism) and images (fine art and graphic design), I believe how words and images can shape realities and move people to specific behaviors -- and this is a very powerful, two-edged sword. They can be abused to dehumanize the others and to promote hatred, and they can also be used as tools of empowerment and human dignity.
As such, Limeadestand Works acknowledges the deep social responsibility in the practice of branding and brand communication.
We focus on solo entrepreneurs and grassroots community organizations because they deserve the same level of professional branding services as larger companies, but too often they have no access to such services or do not recognize the importance of public messaging through proper branding.
Our commitment to ethical and moral business practice
- We do not mislead our clients about pricing, nor will we pressure people into spending money they may not have.
- We do not encourage our clients and prospects to get into a debt in order to receive our services or products.
- We make our best efforts at making brand communications inclusive, anti-oppressive, ethically honest, and socially just.
- We actively work with those who are historically and systemically relegated to the margins of society and are deprived of economic opportunities.
- We adopt fair pricing practices that are sustainable but not exploitative.
- We reinvest our profits into expanding programs that serve the lower-income and POC communities.
- We are open to collaborations with other social enterprises and minority-owned enterprises to further our missions and to help build a cohesive community.
- We are here for working-class entrepreneurs, creatives, and makers!
- We do not leverage oppression in order to promote our products and services, and we do not leverage oppression to promote our clients' businesses.
- We do not glorify institutional, systemic, or interpersonal violence or aggressions.
Download vCard here