This is Limeadestand Works.
As a comprehensive brand communications and public relations firm primarily serving the artists and makers community founded in Portland, Oregon in 2016, we amplify the voices of independent micro-entrepreneurs by building an effective branding strategy from its inception to growth and beyond. We are first and foremost a social enterprise dedicated to a betterment of our communities and liberation of the marginalized people through an entrepreneurial approach.
Our community educational service, Creative Liberation Lab (CLL), complements our social missions by training and empowering the economically- and socially-disadvantaged artists/crafters/makers to reclaim their social and economic self-determination powers through microenterprise even if they have very little money and no access to capital. Beginning in the fall of 2017, the CLL learning programs will be offered online only.
These are our brands.
- Limeadestand Works: The "mothership" focused on one-on-one consulting and services for solopreneurs and microenterpreneurs in the areas of brand development, brand communication, and public relations to help tell their stories better. Limeadestand Works also offers the Personal Narratives Studio, a one-on-one, continuing consultation on how you can revolutionize your mind and your life by critically examining the ways how you speak of yourself. This program combines best practices from personal branding and image consulting together with elements of spiritual directions.
- Creative Liberation Lab: The educational wing of Limeadestand Works, CLL offers short, easy-to-understand, low-cost, and practical training programs for aspiring and growing artists-as-entrepreneurs and others. This is a training program for aspiring entrepreneurs who may not have access to conventional banking or credit, and lack other resources. In this program we help students to tap into their own inner resources, social capital, and creative problem-solving to launch a micro-enterprise that can grow with them.
- Creative Liberation Media: The imprint of Limeadestand Works that produces digital and print media contents, including training materials, informative blogs, and podcasts.
- The Floy Preslar Gallery: A joint project with Estancia Serenova Retreat Center, Inc., FPG is a "learning gallery" where emerging artists can gain professional experience and publicity and become a working artist. The gallery also offers classes and workshops in both fine arts and entrepreneurship, as well as community-engaged events to foster local arts and culture in Columbia County, Oregon.
At a quick glance
|What does Limeadestand Works do?||Limeadestand Works is a brand communication and public relations service. We help independent business owners establish and grow their own brands. This includes the development of a brand (including business names, brand names, visuals such as logo and promotional materials), as well as ongoing brand engagement with the audience/customers (including newsletters, events, press releases, social media management, advertising, and other publicity and promotions).|
|Is Limeadestand Works for me?||Limeadestand Works' primary customer base is the community of artists, makers, crafters, and DIYers. Anyone who is interested in turning their creative sparks into a sustainable income stream will benefit from what Limeadestand Works has to offer.|
|How much does your service cost me?||The standard hourly rate is $90 for all services with 2 billable hours minimum. While this may seem a lot for some people, to us "a billable hour" represents our minimum time commitment to your project. It is not uncommon that we offer extra work for no additional charge whenever possible, subject to time availability and any other projects ongoing (this should be considered a "bonus" and should not be expected for granted).|
|What if I can't afford $180? Do you do a sliding-scale?||We do not do sliding-scale or pro bono work. However, if money is your concern, we encourage you to join us at Creative Liberation Lab, where you will be able to follow a substantially similar process on your own under our guidance and peer-based online support. We can offer this program at a much lower price (as low as $35 for a 7-week course for the "limited basic" learning plan) because we can service many people this way simultaneously.|
|What is Personal Narratives Studio?||Personal Narratives Studio is our service package for anyone who is interested in improving their own self-image, finding their life's purposes, and discovering their own voices in articulating who they are. Utilizing similar process we use for business branding, but adapted for individual consumers, Personal Narratives Studio offers a one-on-one or small-group setting in-person where you can discover and build your own personal brand.|
|How much does Personal Narratives Studio cost?||The price is same as business service. This means your first session (2 hours and 30 minutes) is $225, and any subsequent session (1 hour) is $90. You can save money by inviting your friends and schedule a group session, as the sessions cost the same regardless of how many people are in there (plus $10 per person, per session surcharge; group session maximum is 5).|
For a world that works for everyone: Our statement on social enterprise.
Limeadestand Works is a social enterprise rooted in a certain set of religious and ethical values informed by religious feminism, ecofeminism, and New Thought traditions. We do not however use "values" and "beliefs" as a weapon to exclude "the others," but rather, as a driver for liberation and social justice.
Voice, power, and sparks for those on the margins of society
Branding is inherently about framing of narratives. As a branding professional whose backgrounds are both in words (journalism) and images (fine art and graphic design), I believe how words and images can shape realities and move people to specific behaviors -- and this is a very powerful, two-edged sword. They can be abused to dehumanize the others and to promote hatred, and they can also be used as tools of empowerment and human dignity.
As such, Limeadestand Works acknowledges the deep social responsibility in the practice of branding and brand communication.
We focus on solo entrepreneurs and grassroots community organizations because they deserve the same level of professional branding services as larger companies, but too often they have no access to such services or do not recognize the importance of public messaging through proper branding.
Our commitment to ethical and moral business practice
- We do not mislead our clients about pricing, nor will we pressure people into spending money they may not have.
- We do not encourage our clients and prospects to get into a debt in order to receive our services or products.
- We make our best efforts at making brand communications inclusive, anti-oppressive, ethically honest, and socially just.
- We actively work with those who are historically and systemically relegated to the margins of society and are deprived of economic opportunities.
- We adopt fair pricing practices that are sustainable but not exploitative.
- We reinvest our profits into expanding programs that serve the lower-income and POC communities.
- We are open to collaborations with other social enterprises and minority-owned enterprises to further our missions and to help build a cohesive community.
- We are here for working-class entrepreneurs, creatives, and makers!
- We do not leverage oppression in order to promote our products and services, and we do not leverage oppression to promote our clients' businesses.
- We do not glorify institutional, systemic, or interpersonal violence or aggressions.