Welcome to the Creative Liberation Lab!
An entrepreneurship learning center for creative rebels.
Hello artists, crafters, makers, and DIYers! Here at Creative Liberation Lab, we believe in the power of micro-enterprise as an avenue for social and economic empowerment. Our unique and innovative program empowers the creative types to grow their own sparks into their greatness by:
- discovering and reclaiming their own sparks, the life's vocation, mission, and purpose that propel a human being.
- redefining and reimagining their lives by examining and rewriting the stories they tell about themselves.
- assessing their own strengths, inner resources, and weaknesses.
- creating a simple, straight-forward, yet viable business plan.
- learning how to finance their new business with $25 to $250 in start-up expenses, even if they have little to no money and have no access to credit or banking.
- developing unique branding message and products that express who they are and plays on their own strengths.
- gaining confidence, dignity, and pride in themselves.
The Lab learning programs include:
- Small-group based entry-level workshops.
- Peer-based supportive community.
- Continuing mentorship and support.
- Opportunities for networking and collective promotions.
The artist as an entrepreneur: Creative Liberation Lab is ideal for independent artists, crafters, makers, and DIYers who would like to generate sustainable income from their creative talents. Additionally, our programs can benefit:
- Single parents who cannot afford childcare costs and full-time jobs.
- Those who cannot thrive or function in a corporate workplace environment because of disabilities, mental health, or any other reasons.
- Those who are often left out of the economic and job opportunities because of systemic social disadvantage such as past criminal histories, history of homelessness, ethnic background, limited formal education, gender, age, and/or sexual orientation.
- Those who are on fixed income and are interested in ways to supplement income (SSI recipients can engage in business and not lose benefits as long as their monthly gross earning remains under a certain limit).
- Those who are considering an exit from the corporate world.
Effective January 2018
Several months ago, I announced that the winter term will commence in January. After some consideration, I am making the seven-week program no longer tied to a specific calendar; instead, you will be able to start it anytime without having to wait for the next registration period.
Accordingly, I am redesigning this course in such a way that it could accommodate learners all year long.
The newly redesigned program should be available in the next several weeks.
Thank you for your patience and I look forward to see you in the program.
- Students will gain an important insight and understanding of their own “sparks,” vocations, personal strengths, and talents, and gain an appreciation for their own existing personal power and dignity.
- Students will learn fundamental concepts about entrepreneurship, branding, public relations, marketing, advertising, money management, product development, and customer relations.
- Students will be able to turn their aspirations into a functional business enterprise, with a tangible plan to execute.
"Creative Liberation Lab," or "The School of Creative Liberation Laboratory" (hereafter "CLL"), refers to a series of proprietary informational and educational materials produced by Sarah-Andrea A. Morrigan dba Limeadestand Works, and associated private, informal small-group support programs that are aimed towards discovering self-empowering lifestyle options for its participants.
CLL does NOT:
- confer any degree or certificate.
- offer any academic credit or transcript.
- teach industry-specific career skills or trade.
Participation in this program does NOT:
- guarantee or imply any promise of financial compensation or employment opportunities.
It is neither a "school" nor a "career school" under the definition of the relevant statutes, but is rather a self-directed, facilitated learning platform supported by peer-oriented small groups.
"Creative Liberation Lab," "Creative Liberation Media (formerly Micro-Revolution Media)," and "The School of Creative Liberation Laboratory," are servicemarks of S.A. Morrigan dba Limeadestand Works in Oregon. This program is offered in no small part as its author's expressions of political and religious beliefs, and as such, is a constitutionally protected speech and expression according to the case laws of Oregon.
Every person who participates in this program must explicitly attest to understanding this and take full responsibility for whatever they may or may not do with what they learn in this program.