May show: Each day a new world: Art of Andrea Vidrine (May 5-27)
The Floy Preslar Gallery at Estancia Serenova is pleased to present the art of Andrea Vidrine, a recent Texas transplant to Oregon. Using elements found in nature combined with ink and water abstract painting, Andrea invites you to a new world that is yours to discover.
First Saturday opening reception: Saturday, May 5, 2018 - noon to 5 p.m.
The show runs from May 5 through 27.
Participate in a survey!
In order to enrich the programming and visitor experiences of the Floy Preslar Gallery, we are working to make our events more interesting and our gallery a place worth your visit.
To this end we are conducting a brief (5–7 minutes to complete) survey. Your participation directly helps future programming and directions of the gallery.
The survey is open to residents of the Portland-Hillsboro-Vancouver (Oregon/Washington) metropolitan area including Clark, Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington, and Yamhill counties, as well as to residents of Clatsop and Cowlitz counties.
About the Floy Preslar Gallery
Our little gallery takes up residence inside the Alice Tarbell Cultural Space at Estancia Serenova. The gallery is dedicated to the legacy of the late Floy Preslar, an acclaimed watercolor painter in the splendid Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California.
The gallery complements the visions of Estancia Serenova and is organized and managed by a professional curator who has over a decade of experience as an exhibited fine artist who has shown in many juried shows and spent one year as a curatorial assistant for an art gallery.
The revised missions of Floy Preslar Gallery are:
- to create opportunities, platform, economic power, and educational experiences for the emerging and yet-to-be-discovered artists in Columbia County, Oregon, and its vicinity;
- to foster, develop, and enrich the Columbia County arts and cultural scene by bringing in quality emerging artists, artwork, and educational experiences from the Portland metropolitan area and beyond.
For the record, the original mission statement was as follows:
- to contribute to a development of vibrant local art scenes and artist community in southern Columbia County, Oregon, and the greater Lower Columbia/Northwestern Oregon region.
- to act as a hub of creative fine arts in Columbia County, in partnership with Estancia Serenova, by producing and offering a variety of arts events.
- to create economic opportunities and exposures for local emerging artists by exhibiting and highlighting their works, promoting their art for sale, and in partnership with Limeadestand Works/Creative Liberation Lab provide educational and professional development programming to promote a fusion of creative activities and entrepreneurship.
- to preserve the legacy of Floy Preslar as the custodian of her paintings, which comprise the gallery's permanent collection.
Gallery location and hours:
Where: Alice Tarbell Cultural Space 410 (first floor), Estancia Serenova, 32180 Pittsburg Road, Saint Helens, Oregon 97051-9147
Hours: First Saturday of each month, noon-4 p.m. (July-September: 5-9 p.m.); rest of the month by appointment only. Subscribe to the newsletter for additional open hours. Please note: First Saturdays may be preempted or rescheduled due to other scheduled events at Estancia Serenova. Please consult the Preslar Gallery Twitter for updates.
(If you cannot see a newsletter subscription form above this line, use this link instead.)
Location: 32180 Pittsburg Road, Saint Helens, Oregon 97051-9147 (What3words: removed.glues.waxing)
Phone: +1 503-825-2891
Email: Send a message here